Today’s post is dedicated to the weirdest pizza toppings man has created over time. If you like to take risks with your food than this may just be for you. Or if you like to play it safe with your pizza toppings, this may be a world into flavours and ingredients you’d never thought of!
6 weird pizza toppings:
1. The American pizza in Japan – This feast is a homage to America in the East. It involves a hot dog crust, hamburger topping and maple syrup.
2. Squid Ink – There’s a time and a place for squid ink. Whether you want it on your pizza is your choice.
3. Grape, Pickle and Port – A posh sounding pizza. Maybe appropriate for your Merlot loving Uncle?
4. Marshmallows and Chocolate – Whilst desert pizzas aren’t that uncommon nowadays, they still deserve a place on the list.
5. Luxury Pizza – A pizzeria in New York City offers six types of caviar as well as fresh lobster. Whilst the ingredients themselves may not be so weird, the price of $1000 a pizza is.
6. Gorgonzola and Grape – Obviously a grape theme going on in the weird pizza topping world. Whilst I like Gorgonzola, grapes and of course pizzas, I’m not sure if they go together!
How to be more creative with your pizza toppings
If you’re reading this and thinking you’d like to be more creative with your pizza toppings but aren’t sure where to start then don’t fret. You can be creative with your favourite pizza toppings without scaring yourself out of eating. For new flavours try different types of vegetables, aubergine, carrot or cabbage maybe! Whilst they may not be common there’s nothing to stop them being great pizza toppings. So don’t be scared, try something new and share your pizza topping tips with me!